You may need to visit a diagnostic imaging center for any number of reasons. Although you may have some reservations about the visit, especially if it’s your first time, rest assured the service is designed to keep you healthy and at your best. The MRI, for example, can be used to detect broken bones or a life-threatening tumor. Other services available from the flushing imaging center include:
· Ultrasounds: An ultrasound is most commonly associated with pregnancy and certainly makes it easier for medical professionals to get an inside peek at baby to monitor growth. But an ultrasound can be used to detect abnormalities with the abdomen or gastrointestinal system, swelling, and other concerns.
· Cancer Screenings: The imaging center offers screenings that detect many different types of cancer using imaging technologies. 3D mammograms are one such service available from the imaging center.
· Biopsy Service: Biopsies are used to detect cancer cells and for other lab analyzation purposes. It is a simple procedure but one that serves an intense purpose in your good health.
· Vein Treatment: Radiology can be used to treat varicose veins, venous disease, and other vein-related conditions.
· X-Ray: Most commonly used to detect broken bones, the X-Ray is also a procedure that the diagnostic teams regularly perform. Chances are good that you’ve had an X-Ray or two in the past. Although it uses radiological technology, the procedure is considered safe for patients.
Rest assured medical imaging is used to help detect problems that would affect your health if they were left to linger. Various procedures make it easy for the medical professional to get a clear image of a specific area of the body, minimizing future health problems and improving proper diagnosis. Don’t worry about this procedure bringing any negative effects your way!